hahaah wow *cracks knuckles* here we go
Okay, to answer the “Why do you even like Amy?” question, here’s some answers:
- She’s optimistic. A good example of this is Sonic Unleashed, when Professor Pickle thought it was the end, but Amy insisted not to lose hope. She said that Sonic would save the day, and she was right.
- She’s determined.
- She doesn’t give up.
- She’s selfless. Amy went out of her way to help a little bird reunite with it’s family in SA1.
- Amy befriended one of Eggman’s robots in SA1.
- She can fight for herself. Amy has a freaking giant hammer as a weapon, she doesn’t need Sonic to come in and rescue her.
- She reminded Shadow of his true promise to Maria in SA2. She basically saved the whole freaking world.
- In Sonic 06 (and I know this game isn’t technically canon, but I’m still gonna talk about it) Amy saved Elise from Eggman. I thought that was very cool considering Amy snuck onto Eggmans ship without getting caught, and snuck off the ship with Elise without getting caught.
- Amy offered to help Silver find the Iblis Trigger, after mistaking him for Sonic.
- Even though Amy gets angry when other girls show interest in Sonic, Amy still let Elise save him. She wanted Sonic to come back so she could love him again. She didn’t care if Elise loved Sonic too, she just wanted her friend to come back.
- She’s very loyal. She stood up to Silver when she found out that he was trying to kill Sonic. And I know people would consider the whole “If I had to chose between the world or Sonic, I would chose Sonic!” thing selfish, but Amy didn’t believe Sonic would be the cause of the end of the world. She didn’t believe he was the Iblis Trigger because she knew he was the hero. Heck, even Silver wasn’t so sure Sonic was the Iblis Trigger after Amy put her foot down.
- In Sonic Rush, Amy told Blaze that she could rely on friends and told her that Blaze was her friend. Even though everyone else was telling Blaze about friendship, it was really Amy that got Blaze thinking.
- Amy saved Cream from a haunted house in Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Even though Amy has a crush on Sonic, she doesn’t play the whole “I’m the damsel in distress and you have to save me because I love you and you’re my hero” stereotype. She escaped Eggman’s ship by herself in SA1, and she defeated enemies on her own.
- I could list so many other reasons why I think Amy is a great character, but this is already getting long.
Sure, Amy has her flaws, but flaws are what make a good character. However, some Sonic fans take one look at her love for Sonic and call her a “bad character” or “obsessive, useless fangirl”. Let me tell you, if there were a male character exactly like Amy, everyone would love and defend him. But since she’s a female character, I have seen fans say she’s not strong or a good character simply because she’s in love. Destroy the idea that female characters can’t be strong if they love someone.
In conclusion, I think that Amy’s a strong character and that she’s a great role model for young girls. She may not be everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s alright. You probably have your reasons to dislike her. Just don’t go up to Amy fans and bash on them for liking her.
Now for this question: “Do you enjoy characters who can’t see when their presence bothers everyone else around them?”
I don’t really understand how you can think her presence bothers everyone around her??? She only really makes Sonic feel uneasy at times because of her romantic advances toward him. However, Sonic still sees her as a friend. She may annoy him sometimes, but he doesn’t consider her a bother.
If you really think Amy is a character that was created to be a bother to everyone and be “useless”, then I don’t know what to say to you *drops mic*